Today, Youtube announced the ability to choose a custom URL for your video page. The process should help musicians create a more consistent branding for their web presence instead of directing their fans to a VEVO page or obscure Youtube URL that was issued years ago.
In order to qualify for a new custom URL for your Youtube page, you must meet the following criteria:
- 500+ channel subscribers
- A 30+ day old channel
- Channel has a current channel icon
- Channel art has been uploaded
Alternatively, you can link your Google+ page or Youtube channel with your official website by using this link: Link Your Youtube Channel
Get a Custom URL
After you’ve successfully qualified for a custom URL, Youtube will send you an email confirmation as well as a notification to your Creator Studio page.
- Go to the Creator Studio page after logging into your Youtube account.
- Click on the “Get a Custom URL” link in your Creator Studio notifications window.
- Follow the redirected page to create a new custom URL.
- You will be prompted to choose a custom URL as well as confirm all of the Terms of Service from Google.
All custom URLs are permanent. You won’t be able to change your URL after you’ve assigned it to your Youtube page or Google+ page.
More information about how to create a custom URL for your musician or band page can be found here: